- Fund Level Accounting for assigned portfolios – Maintain the books and records for certain Lionstone Funds, including preparing and posting journal entries. Reviews, analyzes, and resolves moderately complex issues in accounting for real estate assets and fund entities. Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements. Follows specific and detailed accounting procedures. Cross departmental coordination as accounting subject matter specialist for assigned assets/funds. Perform fund level cash management and prepare fund level contributions and distributions.
- Corporate/Business Unit Accounting – Owns and reconciles corporate level accounts and related reporting, including creating and post in general ledger journal entries Researches and clears outstanding reconciling transactions. Research may need to be done using various sources such as system reports or data generated from outside the department. Responsibilities include all treasury, tax coordination, vendor payments, and general accounting transactions for the applicable entities
- Treasury – Perform various treasury functions, including serving as System Admin for various treasury systems/portals, processing wire transactions, monitoring and reporting daily cash activity, Assist in processing bank account opening and closing requests, updates to banking services and changes to authorized signers.
- Audit – Prepares external audit support and schedules. Coordinate with auditors throughout the audit cycle with full disclosure and responsibility for assigned fund(s).
- Ad Hoc – Support management in development of goals, objectives and annual accountabilities as well as monitoring and successful implementation of those goals throughout the year. Assist with special projects and ad hoc requests, as needed. Participate in both departmental and cross functional projects as requested by Leadership. Effective collaboration with both internal and external business partners on daily operational issues.
- Process Improvements – Create and implement processes that improve and ensure that integrity, control and optimal efficiency are established while minimizing financial risks. Develops and implements process improvement initiatives that support the department goals and service levels. Independently responsible to adhere to GAAP protocols and accounting principles with up most integrity.
- Mentors lower level staff accountants and contractors and leads training for new staff accountants.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Real estate and investment/asset management experience preferred.
- Degree Focus: Accounting,Finance, Business Administration or other related course of study
- CPA or equivalent
- Experience in Real Estate ERP or GL systems a plus (MRI, YARDI, Investran, etc.)
- Real Estate and/or private equity experience.
- Public accounting experience.
- Unquestioned integrity and the highest ethical standards.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task and manage time well.
- Significant experience and proficiency in use of Excel.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Commitment to excellence.
About Our Company
Lionstone Investments, a subsidiary of Ameriprise Financial, is a pioneering real estate investment firm that conceptualizes, analyzes, and executes national real estate investment strategies. By using proprietary algorithms and advanced data-analytics, Lionstone Investments can understand the changing ways people in America want to live and work. In addition to our competitive compensation package, we embrace an inclusive and collaborative culture that celebrates the unique qualities and rewards the contributions of our talented, passionate employees.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.