The Guinness Partnership is one of the leading providers of affordable housing and care services in England. We build and manage homes and provide housing services for around 135,000 customers nationwide. Of our 65,000 homes, more than 70% are let at a social or affordable rent, while around 10,000 are owned or part-owned by the people who live in them.
Our vision is to deliver great service, provide great homes, to be a great business and to be a great place to work. Because everything we do is about our customers, our communities and our people, any profit we make is re-invested in new and existing homes and improving services.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Transactional Finance Manager to join our team in Oldham on a permanent basis.
This is a brand new role in our Finance structure, the successful applicant will report into the Head of Payments & Income and will be responsible for managing the effective and efficient delivery of the income processing, payment processing and the account receivable’s function, adhering to agreed service level agreements and processes. You’ll also manage, develop, and coach the Income and Payment Officers to deliver services to meet industry regulations and company policies.
We are currently trialling hybrid working which offer the opportunity to work 3 days from home and 2 days in the office.
What we’re looking for
You’ll not only be an experienced Transactional Finance Manager, but you’ll also have excellent leadership skills as you’ll be responsible for 12 direct reports. You’ll also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of managing a large transactional finance team in a complex organisation.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Proven Customer service experience.
- Good attention to detail with ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload to meet agreed deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communications and the ability to present effectively to varying levels in an organisation.
- The ability to understand business operations and identify key risks and implement robust controls to mitigate these risks.
- Able to challenge, engage, influence, and add value at a senior operational level and within the wider senior finance team.
- Demonstrates the Guinness Behaviours.
- CCAB or CIMA part qualified
If you’re interested in finding out more about the key responsibilities of the role and/or to ensure you meet the essential criteria, please review the attached role profile.
The Guinness Partnership is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all colleagues, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.