Sou’West are based in the beautiful town of Torquay, with the Surf Coast brewpub welcoming people inside with fresh beer with an impressive food menu.
If you’d like to join the beachside brewers, they’re hiring a finance manager
Job Description: Finance Manager
Sou’West has established itself as a must visit destination along the Surf Coast. Located in the expansive former headquarters of surf brand Quiksilver, Sou’West brewery seats more than 400 patrons in the vast 1495 square metre space.
Since opening in April 2021, the brewery has attracted the attention of Victoria’s food and beverage enthusiasts, who have flocked to the venue to enjoy an impressive selection of craft beers (all brewed on site) and five-star food (prepared in the Sou’West Kitchen headed up by the 2022 Bocus D’or Australia winner, Alex McIntosh).
This year the business will be expanding, with the opening of Sou’West café (expected to open in May-22). The business is also looking for its next expansion opportunities, with the next 12 months shaping up to be a very exciting time to join the team!
Reporting directly to the managing director of the business, you will be solely accountable for all aspects of financial management. This includes cost accounting, financial accounting, management reporting and analysis, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation and financial internal control policies, procedures and monitoring.
The Finance Manager needs to be capable of being hands on with the day-to-day operations whilst also seeing the bigger picture, and being heavily involved in the strategic direction of the finance function and the broader business.
- Oversee all reporting requirements for the business (weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly, ad-hoc)
- Full responsibility of the Trial Balance, P&L and Balance Sheets for the business – reporting on and resolving any anomalies in a timely manner
- Drive weekly team meetings to ensure cohesiveness across each of the business units
- Manage the company’s cash flow
- Manage all Business reporting requirements through the ATO portal – Excise, BAS etc
- Manage the payroll function (processing payrolls/reporting requirements/Payroll tax/Superannuation)
- Oversee the Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable function
- Oversee the Inventory Accounting and Beer Brew Demand Planning
- Business Insurances – general business, public liability, workers comp
- Maintenance of the Fixed Assets Register
- Income Tax Return preparation – working alongside external accountants to ensure smooth and timely year end process
- Work with external accountants to facilitate year-end audit
- Month End Review, Processing and Close
- Budgeting, forecasting and assistance with the overall strategic direction of the business.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience in a similar role, ideally within a brewing or FMCG company
- CA or CPA qualified with a solid background in commercial accounting
- Ability to independently manage the financial operations of a dynamic and growing organisation
- Knowledge of industry relevant tax requirements, rebates & grants desirable
- High level presentation, reporting and communication skills
- Working knowledge of Xero or similar accounting system would be advantageous
- Knowledge of the following software packages would also be advantageous: Unleashed Inventory Management, Tanda Rostering System, Lightyear Automated Accounts Payable, Impos POS
- Highly adaptable and brings a tremendous amount of energy to the business
If this sounds like your kind of role, send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]