GAME ON – OLG needs you
We’ve said GAME ON, and we mean it – OLG is rapidly transforming its organization to better serve Ontarians by delivering great gaming experiences through our digital, retail lottery, and land-based casino channels. In our fiscal 2019-20 year alone, OLG delivered over $2.3 billion in net profit to the Province of Ontario. OLG is now expanding our horizons even further, with a new strategic direction, to become a world class gaming entertainment leader with a globally admired digital platform.
We are ready to take this game to the next level and need a keen Senior Manager Accounting to lead the planning, development and coordination of all corporate accounting functions for OLG (areas including: Digital Gaming, Lotteries, and Sports), including day-to-day accounting, month end and year end activities, as per the needs of various internal and external stakeholders, while ensuring principles of sound financial reporting processes and internal controls are met.
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the Director Accounting, you will be empowered to:
- Direct and be accountable for the team’s recurring financial month end responsibilities to ensure all tasks are completed on time and accurately, while focusing on improving automation and process efficiency. These include, but are not limited to, revenues, expenses and accruals, financial statements, account reconciliations, journal entries, as well as review and resolution of significant financial statement variances.
- Accountable for review and approval of the preparation of accurate and timely working papers and financial reports to enable the fiscal year-end audit, collaborating with Senior Manager External Reporting and external audit to ensure all deliverables are met.
- Accountable for driving process improvement efficiencies within the various accounting functions (as noted above) including the use of data and analytics, and robotic process automation, focusing on increasing accuracy and efficiency in financial reporting and maximizing value for the Province of Ontario.
- Accountable for internal controls over financial reporting to ensure accuracy of input into the Corporate General Ledger; ensuring adherence to sound principles of internal control including the Internal Control Framework and Ministry of Finance Memorandum of Understanding and other applicable Ministry directives.
- Collaborate with internal business partners, OLG department leads and external parties to review and provide financial information and recommendations on various trends and comparisons, metrics, freedom of information requests, master service agreements/contracts, procurement documents, contract language interpretation and guidance and other adhoc requests for information as required.
- Oversee and review the calculation of service provider fees (in excess of $2 billion annually), including permitted capital fees, and associated financial reconciliations, ensuring service provider adheres to contractual obligations; provide direction and training to service providers on various contract requirements.
- Thorough understanding of the service provider contracts and interpretation, providing recommendations for changes in the contracts to ensure the best interests of OLG in terms of efficiency, cost savings etc.
- Accountable as first level approver on the daily calculation of prize funding transfers to and from the Interprovincial Lottery Corporation for numerous National lottery games (approximately $1 billion annually) as per ILC policies and procedures.
- Lead and represent the Lottery and Digital Accounting Department on adhoc projects, strategic initiatives by assisting/reviewing in the development of business requirements, overseeing user acceptance testing and providing subject matter expertise.
- Oversee and review the compiling and summarizing of sensitive payment information in response to requests from internal and external stakeholders, especially Freedom of Information requests and/or requests for the Ministry of Finance.
- Accountable for accurate daily revenue reporting processes, including daily reconciliations of revenue for all reporting functions; ensuring timeliness, completeness, and accuracy of revenue. Collaborate, where applicable, with service providers and digital/lottery business areas in the resolution of issues.
- Develop, monitor and action KPIs related to the accounting and financial reporting function to drive a culture of continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with business partners on the reporting implications of new games; ensure that the needs of the department are met by aligning with Director Finance Systems & Insights on game testing, and Senior Manager External Reporting and Revenue Recognition Manager, to assess financial reporting implications of the new product.
- Lead, manage, coach, mentor and develop a team of Senior Accounting Analysts and Accounting Analyst to deliver as per expectations by continuous evaluation, feedback and competency development
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Work Experience: 10+ years of experience in financial accounting and reporting; 5+ years of progressive leadership experience; experience in IFRS is preferred; experience with finance/accounting software solutions; knowledge of gaming/lottery would be preferred
Education: University degree in finance, accounting or business; professional accounting designation, CPA
Critical Skills: Strong analytical/problem solving/risk management skills; outstanding planning, organizational and prioritization skills are key; excellent relationship management skills; superior communication skills; exceptional people leadership skills – ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage multiple deliverables; expertise in MS Office & various Gaming systems
Collaboration & Fun: inclusive and collaborative work style while creating fun and excitement in our work
Integrity and Trust: do what’s right and operate with transparency and openness
PERKS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
Part of a Bigger Picture: socially responsible company that gives back all its profits to the province and people of Ontario
Flexible Work Environment: to help balance both work and life
You Matter: family friendly work practices and remote work
Freedom to Innovate: supports new and better ways to be successful
Be your Authentic Self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength
Learning Galore: 24-7 access to robust online learning programs
Public Service Pension Plan: participate in a major defined benefit pension plan sponsored by the Government of Ontario
Variable Pay Program: performance-based incentives to share in our success
Learn about OLG – GAME ON!
OLG’s purpose is to contribute to a better Ontario by delivering great entertainment experiences for our customers. We are a multi-billion-dollar organization with a wide array of business lines including, lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horseracing, and charitable gaming. OLG is amidst a massive transformation focusing on being customer obsessed and bringing our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is our people. Our culture will be grounded in true, positive partnerships that embrace trust, clarity, and openness in all that we do. We are supporting and empowering employees and teams across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family friendly work practices including remote work.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are essential elements of our culture, the cornerstone to our values of respect, integrity, stewardship, and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the space to be themselves and use their perspectives and skills to benefit the people and the Province of Ontario.
While we are re-shaping and growing our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose, and ensuring our business delivers meaningful benefits for the people of Ontario. OLG’s net profits are reinvested back into the province, contributing to the quality of life for Ontarians.
To learn more about OLG go to our website at www.olg.ca.
We look forward to hearing from you, interested applicants please apply online by April 19, 2022.
OLG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact Human Resources at [email protected] if you require accommodation at any time throughout the hire process.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.