- Full time, continuing opportunity for a Senior Finance Manager (CA / CPA qualified) to provide high level strategic commercial advice, support, and analysis within the University Schools of Law and the Conservatorium of Music.
- Join our finance team Awarded CPA NSW Finance Team of the Year
- Base Salary $135,820 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
We are in a period of exciting change and development within our Finance team, striving to achieve a contemporary and seamless service delivery in line with the University’s ambitious strategic plan.
As the Senior Finance Manager, you will provide an elevated level of strategic and insightful commercial advice to a diversified and complex client base. You will support your clients with decision making performance analysis and management reporting. Effectively deploying your expert guidance and direction, you will build capability in your Associate Finance Managers.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- partner with the faculty portfolios to provide value add decision support, advice, analysis, reports, services, and solutions in relation to their financial matters
- facilitate feasibility studies, preparation, and review of business cases and financial justification
- provide analysis, recommendations, and implementation to improve the financial viability of business operations
- work with School leadership to prepare and submit informed annual budgets and periodic forecasts
- provide a cohesive and comprehensive local interface for all School financial management requirements, accounting, and reporting matters
- mentor, coach and/or supervise, contributing to skills and professional development for Financial Services staff, as well as broader commercial acumen of business partners.
- extensive background in financial management, budgeting, analysis, reporting, and process improvement gained in a large, complex, and diverse organisation
- effective management and leadership of a high performing team of finance professionals who deliver exceptional service within a multifaceted organisation
- effective project management skills
- high developed business partnering skills with the ability to build trusted relationships with senior stakeholders, both internal and external to deliver portfolio objectives
- knowledge of and experience in using large enterprise-wide financial packages such as PeopleSoft
- an inclusive leadership style that encourages and motivates high performance and proven ability in developing staff to ensure delivery of high-quality outcomes
- an agile and flexible approach that can adapt to continually evolving processes.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all roles required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a university community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or any documents in alternate formats, please contact Ryan Askey, [email protected] or via 02 9036 7408.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Monday 13 November 2023 11:59 PM