Reporting to the Director of Finance Operations and managing one direct report, this role will oversee the operational finance, month end reporting and control activities of the core UK Jagex business and legal entities.
The successful applicant will need to take a hands-on approach in reviewing the monthly numbers and ensuring books are closed on time and with accuracy. The role will work closely with the Group Reporting and FP&A teams to deliver the combined Jagex results.
Leadership & Management
- Key member of the Jagex finance team with a remit to take the lead with business stakeholders, ensuring that core finance processes are clearly communicated and followed.
- Responsible for mentoring, training and developing an overall team of four.
- Build strong relationships with finance leads in other overseas business units, ensuring alignment with intra-group trading activities.
Financial performance, analysis, and control
- Run the UK monthly accounts close process, ensuring P&L and balance sheet reviews are completed, with variance analysis completed.
- Deliver month end results in line with the Group month end close timetable.
- Analyse the monthly results and develop automated review packs to highlight unusual transactions and variances.
- Oversee the work of the Operations Finance Manager, reviewing cash book, AP / AR ledgers, accruals and prepayments each month.
- Review the weekly payment run and pay close attention to managing supplier accounts, avoiding overdue payments and assisting in resolving reconciliation issues.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations for review by the Director of Finance Operations.
- Provide insight and analysis into company credit card spend, with a monthly spend report and an overview of compliance with company policy.
Key Requirements and Attributes
- A qualified accountant (ACCA / CIMA / ACA) with proven post-qualification experience in managing a busy finance function.
- A confident communicator, adept at building relationships both within and beyond the finance community.
- Strong time management and organizational skills, whilst retaining an ability to flex and adapt where needed.
- Maintaining a high degree of challenge and professional curiosity, challenging assumptions, and seeking to provide a high level of assurance over the numbers.
- Good working knowledge of both UK GAAP and IFRS.
- Provide audit support at year end, taking ownership for substantive queries relating to Jagex Ltd
- Support the Operations Finance Manager in resolving operational finance issues, and when appropriate escalate to the Director of Finance Operations.
- Proactively manage the finance mailbox and other slack channels used by the business to engage finance support.
- Advanced excel skills, comfortable with the use of pivot tables and other lookup & index functions.
- Proficient user of finance systems with the ability to automate processes and reporting wherever possible. The previous use of NetSuite would be an advantage.
- Support the Group Finance team as needed with statutory compliance, National Statistics returns and other analysis as required for corporation tax / indirect tax returns.
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
– Flexible Working- Bonus Scheme- Private Health Care – Gym Membership- Monthly Energy Allowance- Generous Pension Contributions- Life Insurance- Free Cycle Repair- Income Protection- Dental Plan- Free Fruit and Drinks- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application! Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.