GAME ON – OLG needs you
We’ve said GAME ON, and we mean it – OLG is rapidly transforming its organization to better serve Ontarians by delivering great gaming experiences through our digital, retail lottery, and land-based casino channels. In our fiscal 2019-20 year alone, OLG delivered over $2.3 billion in net profit to the Province of Ontario. OLG is now expanding our horizons even further, with a new strategic direction, to become a world class gaming entertainment leader with a globally admired digital platform.
We are ready to take this game to the next level and need a keen Senior Accounting Analyst to be responsible for the day-to-day accounting, month end and year end activities, and providing subject matter expertise in all corporate accounting functions for OLG (areas including: Land Based Gaming, Internet Gaming (iGaming), Charitable Gaming (cGaming), Lotteries, Sports and Shared Services) while adhering to sound principles of internal controls.
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the Senior Manager Accounting, you will be responsible for the following:
- Lead role in the month-end and year-end closing process to ensure accurate and timely completion of all activities as per the requirement of OLG. Analyze root cause of financial statement variances and apply professional judgment to determine need for variance explanation or escalation as required in adherence to OLG policies and procedures.
- Lead in the preparation of the monthly OLG financial statements while ensuring the integrity of the financial reporting systems, information and internal controls.
- Prepare, review and analyze financial data for automated input to the Corporate General Ledger, ensuring compliance with IFRS for areas including: Land Based Gaming, iGaming, cGaming, Lotteries, Sports and Shared Services. This also includes review and oversight of Accounting Assistant tasks ensuring information is accurate prior to input into the general ledger.
- Assist in the development of internal controls over financial reporting to ensure accuracy of input into the Corporate General Ledger; ensuring adherence to sound principles of internal control including the Internal Control Framework and Ministry of Finance Memorandum of Understanding and other applicable Ministry directives
- Responsible for the preparation/review of accurate and timely working papers and financial reports to enable the fiscal year-end audit, collaborating with Senior Manager Accounting to ensure all deliverables are met.
- Responsible to work with external auditors throughout the audit processes ensuring auditor inquiries/requests are completed accurately and timely.
- Responsible for the preparation/review of the calculation of service provider fees (in excess of $2 billion annually), including permitted capital fees, and associated financial reconciliations, ensuring service provider adheres to contractual obligations; escalate any issue to Senior Manager Accounting as needed. This role has an understanding of the service provider contracts and interpretation thereof.
- Responsible for the preparation/review of the calculations of various external corporate stakeholder obligations such as municipal commissions, win contribution, charity payments, Resort Casino contractual obligations and quarterly hospitality reporting (Total stakeholders approx. 500 million).
- Participate as a subject-matter-expert on adhoc projects, strategic initiatives by assisting in the development of business requirements, performing user acceptance testing and providing subject matter expertise.
- Conduct analysis and month-end reconciliation of significant account balances to ensure completeness and correctness. This also includes review and oversight of Accounting Analyst reconciliations to ensure these are approved timely, are accurate and noted issues are resolved/followed up on with internal stakeholders.
- Contribute to, and assist in, the development of new processes or modification of existing processes, including ILC, as these relate to the addition of new products to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Prepare and analyze the compiling and summarizing of sensitive payment information in response to requests from internal and external stakeholders, especially Freedom of Information requests and/or requests for the Ministry of Finance.
- Review the accurate daily revenue reporting ensuring that key financial components agree to source systems, including daily reconciliations of revenue for all reporting functions, ensuring timeliness and accuracy of revenue.
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Work Experience: 3 – 5 years of progressive experience in accounting/auditing in a medium/large sized organization; experience with IFRS is preferred; experience with finance/accounting software solutions
Education: University degree in finance, accounting or business; professional accounting designation, CPA
Critical Skills: Strong analytical skills; outstanding planning, organizational and prioritization skills; strong relationship management skills; superior communication skills; strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills; meticulous attention to detail
Collaboration & Fun: inclusive and collaborative work style while creating fun and excitement in our work
Integrity and Trust: do what’s right and operate with transparency and openness
PERKS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
Part of a Bigger Picture: socially responsible company that gives back all its profits to the province and people of Ontario
Flexible Work Environment: to help balance both work and life
You Matter: family friendly work practices and remote work
Freedom to Innovate: supports new and better ways to be successful
Be your Authentic Self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength
Learning Galore: 24-7 access to robust online learning programs
Public Service Pension Plan: participate in a major defined benefit pension plan sponsored by the Government of Ontario
Variable Pay Program: performance-based incentives to share in our success
Learn about OLG – GAME ON!
OLG’s purpose is to contribute to a better Ontario by delivering great entertainment experiences for our customers. We are a multi-billion-dollar organization with a wide array of business lines including, lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horseracing, and charitable gaming. OLG is amidst a massive transformation focusing on being customer obsessed and bringing our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is our people. Our culture will be grounded in true, positive partnerships that embrace trust, clarity, and openness in all that we do. We are supporting and empowering employees and teams across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family friendly work practices including remote work.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are essential elements of our culture, the cornerstone to our values of respect, integrity, stewardship, and excellence. At OLG, our employees have the space to be themselves and use their perspectives and skills to benefit the people and the Province of Ontario.
While we are re-shaping and growing our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose, and ensuring our business delivers meaningful benefits for the people of Ontario. OLG’s net profits are reinvested back into the province, contributing to the quality of life for Ontarians.
To learn more about OLG go to our website at www.olg.ca.
We look forward to hearing from you, interested applicants please apply online by April 19, 2022.
OLG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact Human Resources at [email protected] if you require accommodation at any time throughout the hire process.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.