- Level 3- The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people.
- This position will be responsible for implementing and/or coordinating all financial support functions for BHA and Partners in addition to budget monitoring.
Scope of Role
- Reports to: Project Director/Manager with Dotted line to Humanitarian Response Finance Lead
- Staff directly reporting to this post: TBA
Key Areas of Accountabilities
- Have excellent knowledge of Finance and Accounting. Ensure that roles and responsibilities are clear and have strong understanding of all of Donor’s and Save the Children’s regulations and policies, especially the core policies such as Finance policies and procedures, Child Safeguarding Policy, Code of Conduct, Fraud & dishonesty policies, Anti-bribery and corruption policy and whistle blowing policy.
- The Consortium Finance Manager is the finance focal point and lead for BHA and will be responsible for all finance related activities and health budget monitoring and KPI.
- Payment Review
- Ensure BHA financial transactions in the state office are appropriately approved, authorized and administered, in line with SC & Donor policies.
- Process all payments (cheque and/or cash) to vendors, service providers, and partners in line with SC policies & Donor requirements
- Ensure BHA cash transfer payments and ensure fund available for the program
- Process all banking activities, ensuring that bank account records are accurately maintain, and that bank statements are obtained on a timely basis.
- Responsible for monthly recharges processing (Reversal and reclass) as well as daily matching of transaction on Agresso
- Manage the electronic spreadsheet/format for receiving and disbursing funds; coordinate the preparation and timely submission of monthly financial reports and other reports to the CO Abuja as required. Ensure accurate keeping of account books (electronic and paper) for the state office.
- Ensure adequate safeguarding of all vouchers manually and electronically
- Ensure adequate safeguarding of all financial instruments
- Preparation and submission of monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations to CO Abuja.
- Ensure monthly reconciliation of cash especially for CVA with Financial Service Provider (FSP) – Nagis.
Cash and Budget Management:
- Coordinate with the Line manager to ensure timely and appropriate cash flows, matched with the operational needs of the state office and budget forecasts, and in line with SC policies and donor requirements.
- Ensure that the Project chief of Party/Manager receives timely and accurate information to inform activity planning and forecasts.
- In collaboration with the line manager, support monthly budget phasing and annual pipeline analysis as well as BVA commentary for specific award.
- Support BHA CoP/Manager and Coordinator for biweekly program deep dive to identify areas that may require attention.
- Take a lead on updating the award budget tracker monthly with SCI expenses & projection and facilitate the monthly finance review calls with SCUS team support.
- In collaboration with the Food Assistance Programmatic Technical Lead as well as the SCUS team, support the Food Assistance transfer amount calculation for budget management purposes.
- Represent Finance at Procurement Committee meetings.
- Validate Purchase Vouchers within the assigned Limit.
- Statutory Regulations
- Make statutory payments to the relevant authorities such as PAYE, WHT, and PENSION deduction and ensure adequate documentation is kept in the office.
- Monthly submission of EFCC report to the country Office
- Partner Management
- Review partners/sub-awardee financial report and reconcile partners/Sub-awardee Account (5200)
- Support the state teams to provide administrative and technical support to the partners to ensure that all financial documentation and reports are prepared and submitted on a timely basis in line with SC policies, project agreements.
- Conduct Award level finance induction for all new staff on finance policies, systems and procedure
- In collaboration with the line manager support the training in financial management in accordance with SC’s financial management policies.
- S/he acts as a business partner to other units (Awards, M&E, Operations, HR etc.) by providing financial advice as may be required from time to time
- Any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Qualified Chartered Accountant with minimum of 10 years of post-qualification experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in an International NGO and with major donor projects
- Knowledge and expertise in the field of project preparation, commercial negotiations, financial management, internal controls/systems development, accounting, auditing and reporting
- Ability to problem-solve efficaciously, exercising good judgement will be an asset.
- Experience working in project with Cash Transfer or Food Voucher component
- Experience working with Partners and grants management.
Skills & Experience:
- Administrative & General Skills
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyze complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honesty, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
- Good training and facilitation skills (for financial training/support to partners).
- Ability to multi-task, engage in long-term planning, meet deadlines, and handle last-minute demands; exercise patience, and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to be creative and proactive health service improvement is essential.
- Experience of working on CVA programs