JOB TITLE: Regional Financial Controls and Compliance Coordinator
TEAM/PROGRAMME: West and Central Africa Regional Team (Regional Finance)
LOCATION: West and Central Africa Regional Office – Dakar
POST TYPE: National
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
As Regional Finance controls and compliance coordinator, your role will be to support the Finance Controls & Compliance team in the region on key issues and opportunities to find and implement financial management solutions at the country office level to continually improve SCI’s operational platform and ensure compliance with SCI’s quality framework essential standards and donors’ rules. You would be doing it by helping them to consolidate information, to provide analysis and to facilitate effective business processes and workflows.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Head of Financial Control and Compliance, West and Central Africa.
Dimensions: Save the Children works in 9 COs (Country offices) in West and Central Africa (Senegal, Cote d’Ivoire, Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, DRC, Nigeria, Sierra Leone and Liberia).
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Custodian of and expert in all SCI financial accounting and financial control policies, procedures and processes:
- Provide feedback and technical support to country offices on accounting and month end processing.
- Trouble shooting in finance and accounting – assist the COs to fix specific problems that they cannot solve on their own and /or source technical assistance to assist the COs.
- Coordinates COs Year End reporting.
- Support the development of the monthly and quarterly financial reviews and analysis, reconciliation of balance sheet/control accounts, as well as the relevant finance KPIs (benchmark) for FCC.
- Follows up on the FCC monthly pack reception from COs.
- Deep dive analysis of the CO ledger and provide trends on postings after soft close and balance analysis postings.
- Ensure working knowledge of the SCI stock accounting and supports COs on monthly reviews of stock in SOFs to close.
Helps country offices ensuring compliance with local laws, regulations, SCI/donor policies and procedures and correct supporting documentation.
- In charge of supporting COs on audit coordination from Regional Office (RO).
- Under the supervision of the Head of FCC is coordinating the audit readiness project. Training COs (finance and non-finance staff) into audit readiness and how to deal with auditors.
- Ensures RO finance quality review of centralised audits backups and supports COs during in country audits to get centre backups.
- In coordination with RO IT department and other stakeholders (including centre) propose a structure design and policy of the WCA electronic archiving system for finance, considering the newly implemented projects (Source to Pay-S2P, possibility to upload documents to TIM- Total Inventory Management).
- Participate and leads on the creation of working groups to discuss audit backups with new High Performing Organisation Projects (e. g: central archive initiative)
- Supports the creation of auditor’s profiles for SCI systems in country and help train auditors on how to use them.
Assist COs with daily treasury operations, and reduces treasury risks in the region
Act as business partner to other finance staff and stakeholders in countries and regionally
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Accounting, commercial degree or partially /full professional qualifications (CPA/CA/ACCA) required.
- 3 to 7 years’ increased experience in audit and archiving (specifically electronic archiving).
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy-in.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets.
- A flair for figures and analysis and some experienced in preparing financial accounts.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and advanced financial modelling skills and ability to present complex financial information in a succinct and compelling manner
- Excellent communication skills, initiative, the ability to meet tight deadlines and work independently is essential
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- An unquestionably high level of integrity and ethics.
- Computer fluency; highly competent using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and specifically share point.
- Some experience working in complex financial systems desirable.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS45NjQzOC4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20