Leading the way in resident managed housing Watmos’ unique approach has put it at the forefront of transforming communities and exceeding expectations. We are seeking an outstanding and dedicated individual who shares our passion for improving people’s lives.
This role involves supporting the Executive Director of Resources with the development, implementation and effective management of the Group’s financial services and compliance. You will lead the production of annual budgets and financial statements.
You will be responsible for:
- The financial control and management of the Group’s income and expenditure and ensuring the effective management of purchase, sales, nominal and rent ledger.
- Making a contribution towards the development of policies and procedures to ensure high standards of customer care in all aspects of finance related work.
- Ensuring the activities of the finance function are carried out to the highest standards of integrity and professionalism in accordance with the requirements of relevant legislation and the Regulator of Social Housing.
The successful candidate will have:
- Appropriate academic, professional or relevant qualifications in finance or be qualified by experience to an equivalent level and have knowledge and experience of management and financial accounting.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical skills, prioritisation, report writing, I.T. skills and the ability to efficiently use Microsoft Excel at an intermediate or advanced level including Word.
If you are committed to resident management, involvement and empowerment and have the ability to understand complex financial information, business processes and systems we would welcome your application.
1. Support the Executive Director of Resources with the development, implementation and effective management of the Group’s financial services and compliance with statutory obligation and best practise.
2. Lead the production of annual budgets for all parts of the Group, ensuring clear reporting to Board, executive team and budget holders.
3. Lead the production of financial statements for all part of the Group, liaising with external auditors as necessary.
4. Be responsible for the financial control and management of the Group’s income and expenditure ensuring that purchase ledger, sales ledger, nominal ledger and rent ledger and payroll are effectively managed.
5. Be responsible for the delivery of internal reporting of financial performance and systems including management accounts and budget monitoring activity and other information as required by the Executive Management Team.
6. Contribute towards the development of performance policies and procedures, which will ensure the highest standards of customer care in all aspects of finance related work across the Group.
7. Support the Director of Resources in co-ordinating the internal audit plan, liaising with the internal audit as necessary.
8. Work within the Group’s Equal, Diversity and Fair Treatment Policy, Health and Safety Policy and Customer Service Policies ensuring that these are complied with through all Finance activities within the scope of this role.
9. Ensure the activities of the finance function are carried out to the highest standards of integrity and professionalism in accordance with the requirements of the Regulator of Social Housing and relevant legislation.
For further information please visit our website.
Closing Date: Sunday 6th March 2022 (23:59)