Permanent contract with Construction Scotland Innovation Centre (CSIC).
We are a flexible employer.
An opportunity has arisen for a Finance Manager to join our Operations Team on a Permanent contract.
Based in our innovation factory in Hamilton, our finance function provides an efficient, proactive, customer focused service to CSIC’s leadership team, programme and support teams and works in collaboration with our host Edinburgh Napier University.
To contribute to the development of CSIC’s financial and management accounting functions and to provide advice and technical support on budget, accounting and project financial matters.
As well as preparing accurate timely financial and management account reports, the role owner shall be responsible for:
- Improving the impact, and understanding, of financial reporting on business performance
- Providing analysis and delivering insight that links financial reports to business strategies
- Supporting and influencing key operational and strategic financial decisions
- Improving procurement, sales and accounts payable processes
It is essential that the role builds partnerships and maintains strong relationships with thematic programme leads, support heads and the senior leadership team.
You must be able to apply your analytical skills beyond the traditional functions of finance and to bring them to bear on a broad range of organisational issues. These issues must then be effectively brought to life for senior management teams and therefore the ability to listen, interpret, influence, negotiate, inspire and challenge are all vital to the role.
You will be required to provide excellent project management skills as well as a creative thinking.
What Are We Looking For?
Applicants must demonstrate:
- Educated to degree level with a finance/ accountancy qualification
Part Qualified Accountant or can demonstrate significant accountancy experience and expertise
- Excellent experience of creating and preparing management accounts, budget and project management processes
- Experience of procurement frameworks, contracts and thresholds
- Experience of financial modelling, appraisal and analysis
- High level of computer literacy, including MS Word, Advanced MSExcel and the use of database applications, network-based email
- Working knowledge of UK accounting standards and costing techniques
- Strong organisation skills with a proven record of ability to meet strict deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Prior experience of delivering the highest standards of performance and customer service
To view the full Job Description click here.
Benefits We Offer
Salary: Grade 5, £33,309 – £39,739
Further information about our benefits can be found here.
Start Date: TBC
Application Closing Date: 9th Jan 2022
Interview Date: week of 24th Jan 2022
Edinburgh Napier is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels proud, confident, challenged and supported and are holders of Disability Confident, Carer Positive and Stonewall Diversity Champion status. For more information, click here.