Downtown Music Holdings (Downtown) is a modern global music company committed to building a more equitable music industry. We help millions of creators, rights holders and their partners to manage their music as a business and get paid fairly for their work.
We service over 20 million music assets across North America, Europe, South America, Africa, Asia, and Australia, including some of the most well-known songs in popular music.
Downtown Music Holdings is looking for a Treasury Finance Manager to join our group finance team (principally based in New York). This role will focus on ensuring that our cash management aligns with our company’s goals including advance funding/prioritization, working capital management, and financing silo requirements. The Treasury Finance Manager will play an integral role in ensuring our business can be successful in growth initiatives – this role will be responsible for providing guidance and presenting proposals to management regarding cash efficiencies, risk management and business growth.
The ideal candidate has experience owning complex financing structures, presenting strategies to management, working across various businesses and departments, and thrives in a fast-paced and agile organization.
This role will report into the VP of FP&A but will work closely with the Holdco and Opcos Finance, Corporate Development, Business Development, and Business Affairs teams. This hybrid role will be based in New York.
What you’ll be doing
- Prepare / consolidate weekly cash flow forecasts by financing silo, in close coordination with local finance teams
- Prepare cash funding recommendations including timing of debt draws, repayments, inter-company repayments, working capital advance payments between silos, and equity funding needs
- Prepare advance payments to clients and update payment status in Salesforce
- Partner with Holdco Corporate Development and Finance teams as needed in new or amended financing discussions
- Work closely with various risk management roles within the organization
- Lead weekly meetings with Opco and Holdco Finance, Business Development, and Business Affairs teams to review advance deal pipeline
- Utilize Salesforce data and reports to ensure funding capacity by reviewing deal information and payment terms/triggers
- Work with Opco and Holdco Finance, Business Development, and Business Affairs teams to ensure Salesforce data regarding Advances is updated accurately and timely
- Partner with Salesforce administrators to develop reporting on Advances, including ensuring required fields are built as needed in Salesforce
- Build prioritization rules and present informed recommendations regarding which facility a deal should be executed in, which deals should be executed over others and what ideal execution timing is based on projections of IRR, recoupment timing, etc
- Work with the Corporate Development team at Holdco and the Opcos to understand the deal projections
- Cash flow management per currency per financing silo
- Consider the impact of funding advances in certain currencies
- Partner with the VP of Tax to discuss transfer pricing impacts, if any
- Consider the impact of interest expense on various currencies given conversion rates at any point in time
- Work closely with operating companies to understand FX exposure and propose FX hedging to both the Opco Management and the Holdco Finance team and the Holdco CFO
Must-Haves / Requirements
- Degree in accounting, finance, economics, or a related field
- 6+ years of experience working in accounting and treasury management
- Experience working at a company with various entities, ledgers, and currencies
- Strong knowledge of FX exposure and management
- Ability to work cross functionally
- Experience with owning processes and presenting those to management team members
- Accountable and take ownership of projects you undertake;
- Analytical and curious — you ask a lot of questions
- Music industry experience a plus
Why you want to work here
- Ample opportunities to work with leaders and employees across our business
- Work in a collaborative environment full of mission driven, innovative, and passionate people
- Be part of an open, welcoming, and inclusive culture
- Rich benefit program (Medical, Dental, Vision), Life Insurance, 401k (with match)
- Free CitiBike Membership (NYC Only)
- Paid Volunteer Hours
Downtown provides base salary ranges for all positions located in the United States at the time of posting.
The hiring range for this position is $100,000-$125,000 annually. As a candidate for this position, your salary and related elements of compensation will be contingent upon various factors including, but not limited to, work experience, geographic location and relevant skills. Downtown is committed to providing a comprehensive market-competitive total rewards program for its employees which includes medical, dental, and vision, life insurance, 401(k) match and generous paid time off. This range does not include any other variable compensation components.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Downtown’s values. We welcome and encourage all applicants of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.