The UA Little Rock Division of Finance and Administration honored its outstanding employees during the second annual Finance and Administration Excellence Awards.
Nine employees and one entire department were honored during the June 14 awards ceremony. This included two special awards from Jerry Ganz, vice chancellor for finance and administration.
“The employees in the Finance and Administration division are extremely dedicated to their work, and the students, faculty, and staff of UA Little Rock benefit greatly from their passion each and every day,” Ganz said. “I’m very proud of our staff and the things they have accomplished during the past year. It’s such a pleasure to reward their commitment to excellence during this ceremony, which is one of my favorite events of the year.”
Michael Seamon of Facilities Management, who is celebrating his 45th work anniversary with UA Little Rock this year, won the Employee of the Year Award, which honors an employee who consistently demonstrates exceptional job performance, leadership, innovation, and inclusive excellence.
The members of the Facilities Management department that responded to freeze damage on campus on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day received the Vice Chancellor’s Award for Excellence. This award represents special recognition of the excellence exhibited by an individual or department in the Finance and Administration Division.
Regina Wade Carter, chief of police and associate vice chancellor for public safety, received the Spotlight on Excellence Award. This honors a person who is deserving of special recognition for consistently meeting and exceeding expectations in the areas of collaboration, customer service, and more.
Amy Frets of the Bursar’s Office received The Terry Bobo Award for Excellence in Operational Efficiency, which honors an employee who makes contributions that make a measurable impact on the work environment. Terry Bobo was an employee in IT Services that passed away unexpectedly in November 2022 and the inaugural winner of the award for Excellence in Operational Efficiency. The award has been renamed in Bobo’s honor to celebrate his contributions to campus.
Additional award winners include:
· Debra Simpson-Webster of Human Resources and Russ Riegel of IT Services, Excellence in Customer Service Award, which honors a person who excels in customer service and who establishes and maintains positive and effective working relationships
· Greg Tatera of Facilities Management, Excellence in Collaboration Award, which honors an effective collaborator who works effectively with others to produce positive results
· Bill Buddenberg of Printing Services, Excellence in Continuous Improvement Award, which honors an employee who shows dedication to process improvement and continuous innovation
· Vanessa Whitman of Accounts Payable, Excellence in Leadership Award, which honors a strong leader who demonstrates a unique ability to guide and inspire others
· Andrea Davis of Human Resources, Newcomer of the Year Award, which honors an exemplary employee who has joined the VCFA team in the past year.