As part of Coller’s ongoing multi-product strategy, Coller are recruiting a proven Finance professional.
Reporting to Coller’s Private Wealth Fund Controller, you will have responsibilities to support onboarding and operational oversight for new investment products established under the Investment Companies Act 1940 (40 Act”), including interval funds, tender offer funds, private BDCs and private REITS, and equivalent structures, such as UCI Part II SICAVs in Luxembourg.
The role will involve working collaboratively across the organisation to set-up new products, fund service provider activities, fund financial activities and reporting in an efficient manner. The role will include but not limited to:
Onboarding New Products
- Direct feed-in to product design incorporating fund/portfolio strategy to optimise investor returns, manage liquidity, modelling of returns and stress testing and fee constructs across multi-class/currency funds.
- Working with banking/advisory firms, legal and compliance advisors to remain fully informed on new product progress, ensuring appropriate filings and regulatory requirements are satisfied prior to launch, and ongoing arrangements are considered.
- Support selection of appropriate Finance related operational partners (administration, transfer agent, custody, FX Counterparties, auditors, tech providers).
- Collaborating with FX trading counterparties and leverage providers in order to execute FX trades, manage loan facility utilisations and negotiate transaction terms. In order to do this effectively it is important to fully understand the FX/hedging and leverage strategy.
- End-to-end process design to service new products efficiently, utilising existing teams/tools within the organisation and external tools to support.
- Oversight of the valuation and NAV production process to ensure NAV is accurate and delivered on time each month. Knowledge of the portfolio is key in order to ensure users have the ability to confidently trade off outputs derived.
- Responsibility for optimal liquidity management as potential funds will be required to service new deals, ongoing deal funding, fund expenses, FX settlement and investor subs/red requests.
- Managing the investor subscription / redemption process
- Working with Fund Administrator to review semi-annual and annual accounts and implement any disclosure changes required under each investment product.
- Working alongside our tax team to manage complex underlying structures, tax reporting, and the teams administering them in a wide range of jurisdictions
- Qualified Accountant (CPA, ACA, ACCA or CIMA) – 5+yrs PQE
- Prior experience in operating registered 40 Act investment products in Private Markets
- Significant accounting experience in private equity / alternative fund environment
- Strong working knowledge of valuation guidance / US GAAP
- Strong organisational and motivational skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to build financial models, with an understanding of portfolio mix and investing through market cycles.
- Knowledge of regulatory, compliance and tax considerations around Private Market products
- Experience within a PE firm/Asset Manager or in one of the Top 10 accountancy firms
- Sound working knowledge of FX and capital markets
- Experience managing liquidity in a high volume fund environment
- History of interaction and influence at senior levels
- Proven record of building working relationships across senior internal/external parties and ability to communicate complex issues clearly
- Prior experience managing/overseeing third parties (administrators, wealth management platforms).
Base pay range for this position is between $120,000 and $160,000.
The base pay range, if hired, will be determined but not limited to a number of job-related factors including: experience, skills, qualification and location. The base pay range is only a part of the overall compensation package and does not include any benefits or other forms of possible renumeration.
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus scheme, we offer a generous benefits package and employer 401k match.
Please let us know if we can make any reasonable adjustments at interview in order to fully support and promote your talent.