Hours: full time, full year
Salary: Grade 15 (currently £42,503 to £43,516)
- Do you have experience leading and managing an efficient finance team?
- Do you have knowledge of accounting procedures?
- Can you work on your own initiative to effectively manage the finance function of a large secondary school?
- Would you like to live and work in one of the most beautiful areas of the UK – the fringes of the Lake District National Park?
Then we would welcome an application to lead our in-house finance team.
This fantastic opportunity has arisen as a result of the relocation of our current post-holder. The new Finance Manager will play a key role at an exciting time in our development.
Recently judged to be a Good Provider by Ofsted, UCC is also on the national School Rebuilding Programme and we hope to be told our position in the schedule for the new build this June; the Finance Manager will play a crucial role in the rebuilding process.
Our current financial situation is very healthy and the school has progressed rapidly since the appointment of the current headteacher, so that we are now recognised as one of the most improved schools in the county.
We are looking for an experience and suitably qualified Finance Manager to join us on our journey.
Reporting directly to the headteacher, the successful candidate will ensure that the day-to-day financial operations of the school are managed in an efficient and timely manner.
The person appointed will have proven experience in finance and a track record of developing and implementing financial functions.
They will be also calm under pressure, have a keen eye for detail and be able to work effectively with colleagues and on their own initiative.
Key responsibilities include
- Management of the Finance team
- Responsibility for the school’s finance function
- The production and presentation of financial information as required by the headteacher and governing body.
About Ullswater Community College
UCC is a friendly, supportive employer with a lot to offer its employees.
Our Staff Wellbeing group and approachable leadership team work hard to maintain a responsive and professional working environment.
Benefits to you will include:
- Membership of the local government pension scheme, with generous employer contributions
- Up to 31 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Cycle-to-work salary sacrifice scheme
- Free parking on the school site
- Free eye test voucher scheme
- UCC was recently judged to be a Good Provider by Ofsted.
Full job details and comprehensive information about the school can be found on the website (www.ullswatercc.co.uk).
Download and complete an application form and equalities and diversity form from the school website (www.ullswatercc.co.uk), where full job details and comprehensive information about the school can also be found.
Please contact us with any queries: [email protected]
UCC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all our staff
and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Employment at UCC is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. This means that certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’ and do not need to be disclosed; if they are disclosed, the school cannot take them into account.
Closing date: 12 noon Monday 19 June 2023
Please note that we can contact only the successful applicants.