Resident Advisor is the world’s foremost platform for discovering electronic music, artists, and events. Described by the NY Times as “the most influential electronic music site in the world”, every month RA reaches more than 5m people across its web, mobile and app properties.
We are looking for someone to join RA’s integral Finance team who is passionate about electronic music and wants to develop their finance skills within a growing Finance function. Reporting into the Finance Manager and working closely with the Head of Finance, you will be involved in all aspects of Finance, having a view on the end-to-end processes and helping to drive the continued improvement of the department. We’re looking for someone who wants to grow with the company and the role, we encourage professional development and will support study where appropriate.
RA offers hybrid working with employees spending at least three days in the office. We have offices in London, Manchester, Berlin, New York, LA and Melbourne, and we encourage travel between offices to get to know your colleagues.
RA welcomes applicants from all abilities, backgrounds, ethnicities, experiences, expressions, and orientations. We aim for the staffing at RA to be a reflection of the communities we cover, amplify and participate within. We actively promote equality, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace, this is reflected in our internal operations and the treatment of our staff.
- Ownership of the promoter payment process:
- Ensuring weekly and ad-hoc payments are processed in a timely manner.
- Investigating payment issues – being the first point of contact for any queries from the Revenue and Promoter Support teams.
- Ensuring that sufficient funds are in the relevant bank accounts.
- Ad-hoc management of service provider relations and queries (HW, Paypal, Braintree, HSBC)
- Management of monthly payroll
- Own the monthly data submission for our UK, Berlin, US, and remote employees to the relevant payroll providers, reviewing the resulting reports and confirming approval for payment.
- Ensure sufficient funds are in the relevant bank accounts for payment of staff salaries and any related costs e.g payroll taxes and pension payments.
- Be the first point of contact for any payroll-related queries.
- Post and reconcile the payroll journals and payments to ensure accurate reporting.
- Support the Finance Manager in the preparation of monthly Management Accounts:
- Assist with recurring month-end processes such as rebates, sales commissions and submission of international VAT.
- Conduct department cost reviews, working with the wider business to understand any discrepancies to the Budget/Forecast.
- Responsible for review and control of staff costs/expenses
- Proactively looking for process improvements and efficiencies.
- Compliance support as required across key relationships; banking, payments etc. plus new account, and company setup.
- Supporting Finance Manager and Head of Finance with year-end processes.
We’re looking for
- Part-qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA) or has industry experience working in a finance assistant role
- Proven track record of producing financial information in a complex environment
- Experience in transactional processing and working with external banking partners
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with teams across the globe
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Good attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
- Experience of Quickbooks a plus
- Payroll experience a plus
We care about
- Flexible and remote working, dependent on role
- Generous annual leave policies, with a focus on supporting a work/life balance
- Comprehensive staff wellbeing policies, with regular activities and workplace initiatives to support mental and physical health
- Individual personal and career development plans and training opportunities
- A transparent internal company culture with a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – https://ra.co/about/diversity
- Supporting community projects across the industry: https://ra.co/about/community
- Electronic music is art.
- We celebrate the progressive values that underpin electronic music.
- We advocate for a more inclusive and equitable electronic music community.
- We honour the past, present, and future of electronic music.
- We use innovation to empower the community.
- We choose honesty over gain and purpose over profit.
- We’re always front left.
This role is permanent and the expected salary is £28-£30k per annum DOE. If you have questions about the role, please contact [email protected]. This listing will be open for a minimum of two weeks from 3rd July. Please be sure to add [email protected] to your contacts and check your junk/spam folder for emails from us.