Founded in 2017 by Josh Goot and Christine Centenera, WARDROBE.NYC is the world’s leading luxury essentials concept. Born as a radical new alternative to the fashion system, WARDROBE.NYC aims to address the relentless design, production, and consumption cycle endemic to the industry.
Designed in NYC and made in Europe, WARDROBE.NYC represents practical urban minimalism — crafted with the finest materials and the best manufacturing practices. “Our experience in the industry has led us to think about a better and more egalitarian way to practice the elements of design and communication that we love, and at the same time, improve the business model so that it’s more efficient and less wasteful.”
The Financial Controller leads and sets the culture of finance management in the company, and reports to CEO / COO and Board.
Core responsibilities are the management of Company finances including P&L forecast, cashflow model, internal department budgets, actuals reporting, and cashflow. The financial controller is supported by external book-keeping and accounting firms.
- Build the P&L model working closely with CEO / COO.
- Oversee Chart of Accounts to properly capture business activity and targets by department.
- Issue and monitor internal department budgets + revenue / cost targets across the business.
- To provide monthly and quarterly actuals reporting to CEO / COO and Department heads.
- Closely monitor the company’s performance against forecast to ensure targets are achieved.
- Build and manage macro cashflow analysis for the business.
- Build and manage weekly cashflow analysis for the business.
- Maintain an accurate balance sheet, especially across inventory of raw materials + finished goods.
Culture + Process
- To influence financial culture + internal procedure,
- To build and communicate improved process for the team.
- To actively use Quickbooks and RLM to provide meaningful data and analysis.
- Provide financials for quarterly reports to investors.
- Provide forecasts and analysis for future financing needs.
Invoicing + Receivables
- Work directly with Wholesale Director, accounts, + our factor, on all terms, approvals + collections.
- Generate invoices for all wholesale accounts, and secure deposit + pre-ship payments.
- Reconcile invoicing against wholesale orders.
- Issue credits + discounts when required.
- Build responsible and transparent systems for cashflow management.
- Process all payments on a weekly basis with approval of CEO / COO.
- Communicate relevant payments internally to Department heads.
- Build trusted relationships with suppliers via good communication.
- Communicate with key suppliers on terms, payment dates, and reconciliations.
- Negotiate improved trading terms with key suppliers, and / or credit insurance providers.
- Process fortnightly wages via Gusto
- Manage Gusto account and review new benefit offerings as applicable.
- Assess staff bonuses as applicable.
- Work with our primary lender on inventory reporting, borrowing base + loan requests.
- Work with Chase to establish appropriate facilities.
Book-Keeper + Accountant
- Work with external firms for to closely monitor data entry and accounting.
- Manage R&D Tax Credit
- Manage Annual Tax filing process with outside CPA firm
- Manage ongoing sales tax nexus and filings with bookkeeping team
Duty + VAT
- In conjunction with the Logistics manager, work with our Netherlands Fiscal Rep to monitor duty + Netherlands VAT expenses, ensure VAT is applied correctly and apply for credits as applicable.
- Work with Legal to ensure that we are in compliance with our activities in the EU
- Validate methodology for Global Pricing – Wholesale and Direct – especially relating to foreign exchange, taxes and duty.
- Manage all insurance policies, including employee benefit related policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field
- 5+ years of experience in the Fashion Industry
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft 365
- Knowledge of RLM, QuickBooks, and Bill.com
- Available to work in person 3-5 days a week
- Experience with: US Factors, EU & US 3PLs, European Suppliers, and Global Wholesale, a plus
- Generous Paid Company Holiday & Time Off plans
- Health Insurance (Medical, Vision, and Dental)
- Employee Clothing Allowance
- Salary ranges from $125k/yr – $150k/yr
- Bonus Structure