Finance / Accounting
Are you ready for the next step in your carreer? We are looking for a Finance Manager for a Bio-Tech scale up in Amsterdam. Do you have in depth accounting experience and knowledge and do you want to build your carreer? Read on.DescriptionThe Role
The Finance Manager will be the Finance Director’s right hand. She/he will be an experienced finance professional, capable to operate in an exciting and dynamic environment, providing comprehensive, effective, and efficient support within a SOX environment. This position will be based in Amsterdam and reports to the European Finance Director.
Key result areas (major duties, accountabilities, and responsibilities)
- Take ownership of the month-, quarter and year-end closing process (incl but not limited to reviewing and processing journals, review contractual commitments, payment supervision, provide guidance Accounts payable).
- Sharing the responsibility of maintaining effective SOX controls; support the Finance Director in setting up adequate Internal Controls and creating and maintaining SOX policies and documentation for the entities (2 NL; 1 FR and 1 CH entities).
- Coordination and support of external financial audits (LPMG) and internal (E&Y) & external SOX audits (KPMG).
- Act as “stand in” for Finance Director in case of absence; coordinate finance team of 6 FTE; interact with the various business teams and cost center owners (located both in Amsterdam and Lexington).
- Be involved in projects (both as member and project leader) to improve the quality of processes and systems.
- Cooperate with US teams (finance teams and monthly transfer pricing recharges)
- Address queries from both internal and external stakeholders.
- Act as back up for the core processes/functions within the Finance Department.
- Support preparation of statutory financial accounts and income tax returns.
- Maintain the overview of insurance contracts.
Qualifications and core competencies
- Great team player with effective communication and organizational skills with the ability to work well with others and independently; knows how to have fun!
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to work in details while maintaining the overview
- Hands-on capability is essential
- Capable to liaise with various levels of staff in the organization, collaborate for success.
- Self-starter and pro-active; responsible; focus relentlessly on quality.
- Fluent in English, Dutch understanding preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting (CA/CPA/RA preferred)
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
- IT skills: MS Office and ERP accounting software (Exact is our current accounting software).
What’s in it for you?
- Strong salary package
- Hybrid way of working
- Global exposure
- Work in a international environment
Does this sound as your next step? Apply now!
About the company:
uniQure is delivering on the promise of gene therapy — single treatments with potentially curative results. We are leveraging our modular and validated technology platform to rapidly advance a pipeline of proprietary gene therapies to treat patients with severe genetic diseases of the central nervous system (CNS) and liver, including clinical programs in hemophilia B and Huntington’s disease and preclinical candidates in Fabry disease, spinocerebellar ataxia Type 3, temporal lobe epilepsy, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and ALS.
Our pipeline of adeno-associated virus (AAV)-based gene therapies has been developed using an innovative technology platform, supported by industry-leading proprietary commercial-grade manufacturing capabilities.
Our vision at uniQure is to build an industry-leading, fully integrated and global company that leverages its validated technology and manufacturing platform to deliver transformative gene therapy products to patients with serious unmet medical needs.