Classification: Senior Manager 1
Salary: $118,003 – $123,640 per annum plus 17% superannuation
Term: Continuing, Full time
Position Description & Selection Criteria: 211201_FINAL PD_Finance Manager SM1.pdf
Closing Date: 13 February 2022
- Fantastic next level opportunity to grow your Finance career
- Use your excellent finance, service and team leadership skills to make a difference
- Flexible, friendly and supportive team environment
- Excellent remuneration and benefits packages including 17% superannuation contributions; Christmas to New Year leave in addition to annual leave; salary sacrificing options for cars, parking, childcare and more
Staff in the ANU College of Health and Medicine (CHM) are committed to solving problems through big picture and applied scientific research, and to improving health outcomes for people around the world. These inspiring ambitions are realised through our 3 Schools – the John Curtin School of Medical Research; the National Centre for Epidemiology and Population Health; and, the School of Medicine, Psychology and Health Leadership – who work together to deliver world-class research and education across the spectrum of medicine and health-related fields, and partnership with the health sector at the local, national and international levels.
About the Role
The Finance Team is a professionally oriented, principally management accounting unit located within the College Professional Services Hub that delivers high quality professional and administrative services to support the core academic activities of research and education across the College. The Finance Manager reports to the College General Manager and is responsible for managing the overall finances of the College. The Finance team is comprised of up to six finance professionals that provide direct support to researchers in the management of grants and support their clients with the ongoing managing of operational budgets. Your role would include providing this same support and expertise to researchers, School Directors and the College Executive.
Our ideal candidate will be a highly motivated finance professional who is keen to play an important role in delivering high quality financial services across the College.
To be successful in the role, it is essential that you demonstrate that you:
- are a confident and positive communicator with proven excellent customer service that delivers solution based outcomes
- have relevant financial qualifications coupled with practical knowledge and experience of contemporary finance principles and practices
- enjoy supporting your team and can demonstrate excellent team building skills with a strong commitment to continuous improvement
- have high level analytical and problem solving skills with a proven ability to interpret and apply financial policies and procedures
- are highly organised with a strong attention to detail and can skilfully prioritise competing deadlines
If you have a passion for financial services, working in a collaborative team environment and satisfying your clients, we would welcome an application from you.
For further information please contact Donelle Claudianos, CHM General Manager on T: (02) 6125 3887 or E: [email protected].
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful candidate must have rights to live and work in this country and will be required to undergo a background check during the recruitment process. An offer of employment is conditional on satisfactory results.