- Continuing, Full time
- Bundoora campus
- HEO9 – TRP $137,322 – $145,480 per annum inclusive of 17% superannuation
About the position
Reporting to the Associate Director, Transformation and Commercial, the position within Finance’s Business Transformation Team has the following key responsibilities:
- Managing the University’s internal activity-based costing model and any associated process improvement/efficiencies.
- Effectively communicating coursework profitability outcomes and work with Schools to understand their cost drivers.
- Support the University in evidence-based decision making.
- Facilitate the external reporting requirements on cost of higher education.
- Developing coursework related business cases to assist in informed decision making.
- Assist in the financial models relating to the University City of the Future Program; and
- Driving a culture of financial performance and improvement across the university by ensuring adherence to proven financial management methodologies, framework and tools.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have;
- A degree, extensive management expertise and supporting experience, or postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience, or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
- Proven record of developing innovative solutions and practical implementations for strategic change.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to negotiate, motivate, influence and build relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain sound working relationships internally and externally and to communicate effectively on a range of sensitive and complex issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in activity based costing and financial modelling principles.
- Proven experience and success in managing staff performance and development.
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in a complex and political environment and balance a range of priorities and expectations.
- Demonstrated experience working with and influencing senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to connect disparate data and engage different stakeholders across the university to collaborate in achieving shared purpose for an improved outcome.
- Demonstrated ability to generate interest in ideas that improve knowledge sharing and decision making and following through the idea from inception to realisation.
- Demonstrated ability to build and apply expertise through developing and pursuing challenging goals and directing resources to deliver successful outcomes, particularly in a changing environment.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
Welcome to Bundoora campus – Please click on the video link below:
- 17% employer contributed superannuation
- Onsite childcare facilities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounts for staff and their family members to study a range of La Trobe courses
How to apply
Closing date: By 11:55 pm Sunday 31st July 2022.
Position Enquiries: Pey Lin Mak, [email protected]
Recruitment Enquiries: [email protected]
Only candidates with Full Working Rights in Australia may apply for this position.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
The University’s Health and Safety Procedure – COVID-19 Vaccination and Other Measures, requires staff engaged to perform work onsite at La Trobe University to be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they are exempt from being vaccinated due to a recognised medical contraindication. This position will require the incumbent to work onsite. As such, an offer of employment will be conditional upon the applicant being Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt from receiving a COVID-19 vaccination, and providing satisfactory evidence of their vaccination or exemption status to the University.
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Essential Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
Why La Trobe:
- Develop your career at an innovative, global university where you’ll collaborate with community and industry to create impact.
- Enjoy working on our inspiring and stunning campuses – the perfect hub for industry, students and academics
- Help transform the lives of students, partners and communities now and in future
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.