• Salary: £46,343 – £51,466 (inclusive of London Living Allowance)
• Department: Finance – Operations
• Location: Central London (We are open to exploring hybrid working arrangements).
• Hours: Full time, 35 hrs per week, occasional evenings
• Annual Leave: 25 days plus statutory bank holidays
The Finance Manager reports to the Director of Operations, is a member of the Key Management Team, and works closely with the Church Treasurer. They hold full responsibility for managing the finance area, overseeing three registered charities (ASLP, ASSTC, ST Pt). This includes producing financial and management accounts, ensuring compliance with fiscal legislation, and managing the Assistant Finance Managers, Finance assistants, and any Serving Partners assisting the team. The Parish’s consolidated income exceeds £4 million, spread over four charities and various restricted and unrestricted funds.
The Finance team also serves as a resource for the church family by assisting with their giving and providing transparency in the way donor funds are used by the church. They also serve the parish staff, handling all aspects of ministry finance. This can require additional time beyond scheduled tasks. As a senior member of the staff team, the Finance Manager actively participates in the life of the Church.
Essential skills and qualification include:
• Professional accounting qualification (e.g., ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA) or relevant equivalent experience
• Knowledge of charity accounting regulations and reporting requirements
• Strong knowledge and experience in financial and management accounting
• Comprehensive understanding of fiscal legislation and experience ensuring compliance within the context of churches, charities, and non-profit organisations
• Ability to handle large financial volumes and complex financial structures, such as multiple registered charities and various funds
• Proficiency in financial software and tools, such as SAGE and Excel
• Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and maintain high ethical standards
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work collaboratively and establish effective working relationships with the Director of Operations, Church Treasurer, and other stakeholders
• A commitment to the vision, mission, and values of the church, with an understanding of ministry finance and its unique aspects