Right Livelihood is a courage-powered community for social change. Each year, we present the Right Livelihood Award. By recognising the actions of brave visionaries and building a continuous relationship with these change-makers, Right Livelihood boosts urgent and transformational societal change. 190 Laureates from 74 countries have received the distinction to date.
With offices in Stockholm and Geneva, Right Livelihood has 22 staff and an annual budget of EUR 4 million.
Purpose of the role
To help us achieve our goal of professionalising our financial management processes and longer-term financial planning, we are looking for an experienced finance professional to join us as Finance Manager. This role will oversee all financial areas of the organisation, taking a leading role in shaping financial strategies and developing and managing financial processes across the international team. The person in this position will be collaborative and systematic in their approach, with an appetite for process improvement and the ability to communicate confidently and effectively with non-finance team members.
The role will report to the Deputy Director and work closely with the management team and budget holders. The accounting is outsourced to third-party providers in Stockholm and Geneva, and you will work closely with external consultants and experts.
- Translate Right Livelihood’s strategy into a financial framework with a multi-year outlook on income and expenditure
- Deliver regular performance reporting and prepare strategic analysis of Right Livelihood’s financial position for the Board
- Lead the creation of the annual budget
- Lead and develop financial management processes for our overall strategic development and equip colleagues to become strong financial stewards
- Ensure we follow quality-assured accounting methods by working closely with our third-party providers and auditors
- Lead the preparation of regulatory reporting, including the administrative annual report
Required experience and qualifications
- Proven work experience with financial management and control
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with relevant finance/accounting coursework
- Thorough knowledge of Swedish accounting principles and procedures
- Experience working as part of a team
- Full professional proficiency in English and Swedish
Desired experience and qualifications
- Experience working with an international organisation with offices in multiple countries and/or organisations with several different entities
- Professional working proficiency in German and/or French
- Interest in the work of Right Livelihood Laureates
Who you are
We see you as someone who enjoys both high-level financial strategising and delivering operational budget and accounting activities. You are a team-player who collaborates well with managers and budget holders but can also work well independently.
What we offer
You will become part of a committed international team working together to achieve peace, justice and sustainability for all. You will be eligible to receive up to SEK 4 000 health benefit per year and can work from home up to 40 per cent of your weekly contracted hours. Right Livelihood is part of a collective bargaining agreement in Sweden (Tjänstemän Fremia med Unionen och Akademikerförbunden) in Sweden.
Terms of employment
The position will be based in Stockholm but occasional travel to our Geneva office may be required. The probationary period is six months. This is a full-time position but we are open to making it a part-time position (minimum 75 per cent). The successful candidate must have the right to work in Sweden (EU or EEA citizenship or valid work permit).
How to apply
Please fill out the online application form and attach your CV. Interviews will be held between April 14 and April 20.
If you have questions about the position or application process, please contact Caroline Brown, Operations Manager ([email protected])
The deadline for applications is midnight CEST on March 26, 2023.